Tack welding not only holds the assembled components in place and establishes their mutual location but also ensures their alignment.
For this particular purpose Elga® has designed its red P 52T basic electrodes (E7048-H4), that can be applied when tack welding structural steels used in general fabrication, ship building, bridge construction and heavy plant.
The key benefits of Elga® P 52T stick electrodes:
- The red colored coating – makes it easy to recognize among the others in the shop.
- Extraordinary easy to strike and restrike.
- Flat to concave profile to minimize risk of cracking.
- Excellent weld metal ductility.
- Very low hydrogen level, H4 classification.
Available in standard packaging and DRYPAC®. Learn more about P 52T stick electrode.
Tags: FCAW, Problem Solving, Stick Welding, Welding